Thursday 27 September 2007

Family Food

Courgette and Brie Soup

Take 2 potatoes

And 4 courgettes

and chop.

Add 700ml of water

and 2 stock cubes

and bring to the boil.

Cut the rind off the brie,
And chop into small pieces.

When the potatoes are soft
Add the brie to the soup
and liquidize.

Add parsley

And serve in warm bowls.

Dear Blogistas,
MasterM has started cooking
and so there will be occasional recipes in the files.
They are not intended as high cuisine
but a record of favourite foods.
I beg your tolerance.

8 comments:

blackbird said...

Family food is often our favorite.

BreadBox said...

Tolerance be damned! I saw the title and thought "ugh" (I thought it gently, mind you, but I thought it nonetheless). Then I read the recipe, and though "oh"... (just as gently) and then "maybe...." and "that just might work!"

Not for my dad, of course.... but then he can have baked beans on toast.

N.

carrie said...

I'm all for the recipes!

Bring them on, and of course if they're accompanied by your pictures . . . even better!

And I thought the exact same thing as Breadbox did, hee hee!

Anonymous said...

The Brie would never get as far as the soup at Willow House.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious MasterM. Can't wait to see what else you're cooking up!

alice c said...

This would be even better if it was made with home grown courgettes (donated by Angie) and eaten with lovely bread (made by Breadbox). The brie is only used when there is a lumpy left-over piece that does not look nice enough for the cheeseboard.

Unknown said...

Courgette .. i recognize that vegetable. Its a zucchini! We have tons of those and potatoes. This sounds like a lovely recipe. I'll have to try. Good for your husband.

BreadBox said...

I'm not sure that the bread would stand up to the rigours of international travel --- but I will happily send recipes!

N