Saturday 12 January 2008

The Future is Pink

Tracey's daughter is travelling to France soon
and I want her to look her best when she arrives in Paris
so I have been investigating Travel Paraphenalia.

First impressions are important - no?
I think some pink luggage will help her stand out from the crowd.

Then we need some accessories...
Let's coordinate and make a statement
So a pink penknife with integral nail file will catch the eye.

It is the chance of a lifetime
to represent the youth of Australia.
Eyebrow grooming is central to a good image
And so here are some illuminated tweezers
So that she can tweeze and pluck however late the hour.

Clothes are important too
She will want to consider her spring wardrobe carefully.
How about this for a boat trip on the Seine?

And this is a useful little thing for days on the Cote d'Azur
It would be so awkward to have to ask a local
to help with the sun-tan cream.

And finally after a long day being stylish
A girl just needs to relax
But it is important not to drop your standards
Even when you are at home.

I give you the Hot Sox - in pink.

Happy Landings...
we are looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

3 comments:

Olivia Kroth said...

Hello Magpie,

I like the name of your blog, have just posted myself about magpies in the garden at the birdfeeder.

http://olivia-kroth.blog.de.vu

Anonymous said...

We have just provided her with a credit card attached to our for EMERGENCY purposes only while she is in France. I will now have to advise her that flimsy pink robes and hot pink bed socks do NOT count as emergencies... (although if she's very cold she might need some bed socks)

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Oh silly me, I only realised that this post was tongue-in-cheek when I got to the back rubber and hot sox...I was actually thinking what a super idea the illuminated eyebrow pluckers were!

That is so funny to think that time may fly just as quickly for your son and his girlfriend - thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! x