Monday 21 April 2008

Briefly, the sky was blue...

My recent photos have been so grey,
so bleached of colour,
that I began to wonder
if there was something wrong with my camera.

Yesterday the sun shone for a brief period
and I realised that the problem was not my camera
but the grey light filtering through thick cloud
which has drained the warmth from the pictures.

The blossom on my crab apple tree glowed
for that short burst of sunshine
and I fell in love with my camera again.



*****

I have a confession to make...
my inbox is overflowing with unanswered emails
and unacknowledged comments.

I apologise.

Thank you so much for all your comments;
thoughtful, generous and funny
and always entertaining.
It is my sincere hope
that I can catch up this week
now that the holidays are over.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You and that camera make a great team. I hope the love affair doesn't falter again.

Sian said...

Got to have the clouds to appreciate the blossom when the sun shines. I loved the HoP story too.

carolyn said...

Beautiful!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Beautiful photos, Alice. Oh the inbox...it is so hard to catch up with one's tail after a holiday, no? x